We advanced our clocks, the days are getting longer, and it’s officially time to say goodbye to winter.
When we think of springtime, one thing comes to mind; it’s time for SPRING CLEANING!
For homeowners looking to sell their property, it is the ideal time of the year to start fresh and de-clutter the house. A thorough indoor and outdoor cleaning is the perfect opportunity to shed light on your property’s best attributes.
To help you create a clean & organized home, I will share with you with my “Complete Spring Cleaning Checklist”. It’s simple and practical, and it will guide you through a few essential steps to make your house as shiny & welcoming as it can be for potential buyers… or any guest that may show up unexpectedly.
Grab your dust buster and your vacuum cleaner, and get ready for a cleaning blitz!
- Wash walls and floors
- Clean windows
- Take out and wash window screens
- Dust ceiling corners, light fixtures, and lamps
- Wash trims, door knobs, and switch plates
- Empty out closets and put away winter clothing
- Clean drawers
- Clean and replace entry mat
- Vacuum and scrub floors
- Clean mirror and photo frames
- Clean and organize pantry
- Wash bathroom and kitchen cabinets, cabinet doors and knobs
- Clean shower and bath
- Clean and organize your fridge & freezers (especially if you are selling your fridge with the house)
- Wash counters and wipe down any counter appliances
- Dust trinkets, TV screen, and other electronics
- Clean curtains
- Organize DVDs, CDs, and books
- Donate unneeded items that only collect dust
Once your indoor cleaning is complete, open your windows and let some fresh air in! Another tip: buy a bouquet of flowers to fill your house with a pleasant spring aroma.
- Wash exterior doors and windows
- Clean and replace welcome mat
- Clean rain gutters
- Sweep porch
- Refresh paint on the front door and garage doors if needed
- If the weather permits, remove weeds and mow your lawn
- Use a “Weed Eater” to give your garden a polished look
Your property is now ready for potential buyers’ visits!
Please do not hesitate to contact me to chat about a property, more spring cleaning tips or for any other question you may have.
In the meantime, you can visit my website to sell or find your perfect new home