You haven’t sold your home this summer and you want to know if it has to do with the price at which your property is listed.
Here is how you can know if it is being listed at a reasonable price. Ask your broker the following questions:
- What is the price of comparable properties currently for sale in your neighborhood? This will let you know what other sellers are asking for their properties so you’ll have a point of comparison.
- At what price comparable properties were recently sold, say, since the month of May 2016? This will to let you know what buyers are willing to pay for properties like yours.
- For these properties recently sold, ask what was the asking price versus the price sold. This will allow you to determine the margin of negotiation you have with potential buyers to get the price you want for your home.
To better sell your home, make sure it gets the appropriate “exposure,” e.g. being highly visible:
- On various real estate websites;
- In the local media;
- Also, and more and more, on the various social media.
Also, ask your broker to give you the web statistics on your proprieties since it is on sale: how many visitors, from where, how long did they stay on your property, how many pages they checked. You may be surprised at the results!